Thank You Notes
It’s been a while since I needed to write multiple thank you notes. I worked on several last week, with more still to do. I want to create a page where I can thank everyone who reaches out to me, who loves me and supports me in every way imaginable. (Stay tuned for new “page”)
I cannot thank you all enough. There aren’t words to describe how much you all mean to me & how much you help me.
This is my initial list - and it’s only been 3 weeks:
- Mom for EVERYTHING in the world.
- Shawn David & Debbie for letting Hayden & me stay with you after my diagnosis & after surgery, letting my friends stop by freely, cooking for us, attending doctor appointments with me, taking Hayden to Myrtle Beach and for sharing my fears.
- Heather G. for (again) accompanying me to/from surgery, for my card and fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, for my newest musical addiction: Adele, for cleaning my house, for distracting me when I need it, for your positive thoughts and for being the perfect best friend.
- Tanzi for your company, your laughter, for sharing your mom’s battle and your personal knowledge with me, for being my friend.
- Ericka for the roses, your amazingly decadent truffles, bourbon balls, meat balls, cheese spread, the paper plates, napkins, plastic forks (HOW THOUGHTFUL!!) and your willingness to do anything for me at any moment.
- Jamie D. for your heartfelt concern & thoughtful card.
- Dr. Draper, Kathy, Tracy, Toni, Meredith & Leslie for the bright & beautiful flowers and thoughtful card.
- Gretchen, Jeff, Brian & Alan for the largest & most beautiful lilies I have EVER seen (3 Toads Farm). And Gretchen for checking on me regularly.
- Rachel for your delicious empanadas, homemade mac & cheese and homemade soup.
- Adam for delivering Rachel’s food on your scooter, having dinner with us and playing sticks with Hayden, Shawn David & Debbie.
- Claudia for being so much more than my boss.
- VOA for thinking of me and treating me like a person first.
- Amanda - for sharing your story with me, for sharing your fears and struggles with me, helping me feel not-so-alone and for understanding my emotional roller coaster.
- Hannah for the books, vitamins, homeopathic remedies, peaceful hospitality, distraction, love & support.
- Erika for the organic fruit, superfood salad, healthy dinner, wine, girl-time and 12 yr friendship.
- Susan & family for the beautiful charm bracelet and touching poem.
- Matt for mowing my lawn, bringing dinner and offering your support.
- Keith D. for always making me laugh & for letting me cry.
- Jamie C. for listening to me and knowing what I need to hear - for 20+ yrs.
- Eric for not treating me differently, for continuing to push me & challenge me, for distracting me & reminding me that I’m still a ‘normal’ woman.
- My friends who don’t live nearby, but still find ways to support me & love me: Drew (Nashville), Kendell (L’ville), Heather M-P (GA), Jenny V-B (GA), Tim (St. Louis), Cynthia (Hazard, Ky.)
- Shevawn M. for reaching out to me & offering much-needed comfort.
- John P. for supporting me & capturing me in the shadows (and light).
- Dave L. for your concern, thoughts, advice and humor.
- My FB friends who lift me up each day (you know who you are).
- Those who stepped up & stepped in now that I have to take a back seat in all of my volunteer activities.
- Family, friends & even strangers who offered your thoughts & prayers.
- Friends & neighbors who have offered their support - whatever I might need.
- Dr. Marta Kenney - I can’t express how grateful & blessed I am to know you.
- Dr. Patrick McGrath - as terrible as this is, I am so lucky to have you on my team.